Island Mljet is one of the perfect islands for yoga retreats. Proclaimed as a national park in 1960, with unspoiled nature and without tourist crowds. It´s an island of volcanic origin in the southern part of Dalmatia, near Dubrovnik. On the island, there is an inland lake as well, and another small island within it. Here you´ll find beautiful spots to enjoy the sea and the sun, local food or take easy hikes around the island. All the retreat accommodations for guests allow privacy and quietness. The main retreat house is the meeting point for all to do yoga, attend few cooking classes, eat together or having a cup of tea.
17 – 25 September 2022
Accommodation and Food:
In an old stonehouses village right above the lakes and the national park, you can book your own apartment or cottage, typically and charmingly restored to suit your needs.
Guests accommodations are placed 10 to 50 meters away from the main retreat house.
The retreat chef will cater to your needs with love and care. You can enjoy three meals per day, composed of healthy, seasonal, organic vegetarian, vegan or raw food along with freshly prepared healthy, homemade raw snack delights, detox juices, and evening herbal teas.
Yoga During the Week:
You can attend two yoga classes daily. The morning session will be an energizing, dynamic practice of 90 minutes for a wonderful start of the day. The one-hour evening yoga session is designed with a more restorative, calmer approach to end and reflect on your day. This session may include pranayama, restorative yoga, Yin yoga, and Yoga Nidra. The available yoga and meditation classes are suitable for everyone, from beginners to experienced yogis.
You will learn how to make few simple meals from ayurvedic retreat chef and how to implement Mediterranean herbs to gain medical benefits.
Mojca Bajt has studied Yoga at Arhanta Yoga Ashram Netherlands, as part of the Indian Arhanta Yoga Ashram and has yoga teaching experience for more than 10 years. Her yoga classes consists of traditional yoga and the fusion of various styles, with emphasis on breathing techniques – pranayama. Each session has time devoted to meditation, self awareness and consciousness. While strengthening your body, you will be balancing your mind simultaneously. In her classes, she teaches her students to be in the present moment, to explore themselves and to empower themselves.
Previous to becoming a full time Yoga teacher, she has been working for years in business corporate management, but the desire of changing her life style got stronger, ripened and resulted in pursuit of becoming full time yoga teacher. Over the last couple of years Mojca resides and teaches in Amsterdam, Paris, Slowenia and Croatia.
Prices (per person):
€ 2097.- private apartment, single occupancy
€ 1695.- shared stone house – 2 separate bedrooms and shared bathroom, living room and kitchen – double occupancy
€ 1597.- private apartment – for couples, two friends or as family accommodation
– 8 nights accommodation
– 9 days guidance of the retreat leader
– 16 yoga sessions (inclusive pranayama and meditations), in the morning and evening
– vegetarian/vegan/raw food: breakfast, lunch, and dinner
– detox juices and herbal teas
– walking excursions around National Natural Park of Mljet
– cooking classes
– booklet with Chef’s recipes
– tours around the island of Mljet
– daily entrance tickets to the national park
– easy, silent hike to the top of the island mountain with lunch in the local taverna on the lake
– all day hike to the hills of Mljet with a historian and social ecologist
– boat visit to exceptional beautiful St.Mary’s islet in the middle of one of the faulty lakes, with Benedictine monastery dating to 12th century, with picnic organic lunch
– adventure trip to Odysseus Sea Cave, with swimming in the cave, and meditation on the cliffs
– al fresco lunch in a stunning olive grove, on a small organic farm
– movie night – a documentary about the history of Mljet
– transfer from and to the port of Mljet to and from the accommodation (on arrival and departure day)
– local torist taxes (sojourn tax)