Yoga Retreat near Split
End of October is one of the most beautiful seasons to visit Croatia and one of the sunniest islands of Adriatic – Hvar Island. Enjoy yoga daily in the mornings and participate in olive harvest, learn about the traditions, as well as how to create delicious Dalmatian cuisine using fresh, local ingredients. There will be daily conceptualized outings, museum visits and enough time to relax.
24 – 30 October 2021
Accommodation and Food:
In the village Dol Sveta Ana, just 5-minutes drive from the island’s oldest settlement – Stari Grad – you can book single or double rooms, as well cottages, especially if you are a small group of 3 or 4 persons. The village is beautifully nestled into a lush and majestic green landscape, you can enjoy this view every morning from the yoga terrace. The retreat house and its surroundings provides an ideal escape from ordinary life to a true organic oasis for the soul since 2004.
After yoga classes in the morning you can taste a rich and nutrient vegetarian-vegan brunch. Four evenings there will be a dinner in the retreat house. Two dinners will be a result of a culinary workshop with chef Stipe. Two other evenings there will be a dinner in some of the traditional „konobas“, local restaurants (not included in the price).
Evening Marie is the co-founder and program manager of Suncokret Retreat. During the retreat weeks she´ll lead morning yoga classes, based on Integrated Holistic Yoga Lifestyle Program (IHYLP). This is a concept to introduce you to yoga as a holistic, mind-body-spirit-based teachings and practices that support your retreat journey, aswell your life journey in general. Evening has a background in the fine arts and is a certified yoga therapist, reiki master, bio-energist and spiritual life coach. As the program manager and primary host during all events at Suncokret, Evening Marie blends holistic traditions with intuition to render a transcendental holistic lifestyle experience that is appropriate for both new and seasoned path-walkers alike.
Stipe is a Hvar Island native with a lifetime of hands-on experience in the local customs, culture, and cuisine. He is a certified Agro-Tourism manager and a gifted Chef who has worked in some of the most renowned restaurants on the island. He has trained aspiring chefs and restaurant owners in the art of creating delicious and authentic Dalmatian cuisine and prepares delicious, nourishing meals during the retreats, sourced from local ingredients, often those found in his gardens and fields. At the encouragement of his wife, Evening Marie, Stipe opened his family’s home, heart and mind to yoga and holistic healing modalities combined with the Dalmatian way of life.
Program of the Week:
On the arrival day (Sunday) there will be a welcome circle and Dol Walking Tour. From Monday to Friday, the day will start with Yoga Sadhana, followed by rich brunch & karma yoga.
Daily „Deep Dive Sessions“ include:
– Satsang on Yoga & the 6 Senses & the Symbolic Meaning of Olives
– Visit Museum, Boutiques, and Galleries to learn about product traditions throughout the ages
– Harvesting & Product-Making Experience
– Production Facility Tour & Product Sampling
– 4 Dinners at the retreat + 2 Cooking Workshops followed by enjoying the 2 meals we have prepared together
– Cooking Workshop & Dining out in a Seafood restaurant (at own expense)
– Cooking Workshop & Dining out in a „Konoba“ traditional restaurant (at own expense)
€ 870.- per person for a group of 4, in a shared cottage with two bedrooms
€ 930.- per person for a group of 3, in a shared cottage with two bedrooms
€ 960.- private single room, shared bath
€ 990.- per person in a private double room, bath en suite
€ 1050.- private mini suite for 1 person, bath en suite
€ 1050.- per person, booking for 2 persons, each in a private room, in a shared cottage
– 6 nights accommodation
– morning yoga classes
– deep dive sessions upon interest
– chakra test to assess your overall state of being (at retreat start)
– daily vegetarian brunch
– 4 vegetarian dinners
– water, mineral water, tea and herbal drinks at each meal
– free access to tea corners w/organic herbs
– culinary workshop (Wednesday & Friday)
– A harvesting & organic products tasting or making experience (Tuesday & Thursday)
– ambient facilities and accommodation that help you rest & reflect
– free access to library of books, magazines, music, films, games & art supplies
– free use of a beach towel & foam mat
– free use of a Yoga Kit (mat, mat bag, block, strap, blanket, cushion & protective foam mat)
– free wi-fi in all indoors and outdoors areas of the retreat venue
– essential toiletries
– conceptualized daily outings to gorgeous towns, villages & beaches
– local tourist taxes