Under the expert guidance of the retreat hosts you can enjoy daily yoga sadhana, especially connected to the six senses and learn about the local harvesting traditions, as well as how to create delicious Dalmatian cuisine using fresh, local ingredients. Your hands-on work will be rewarded with a visit to the local production facilities, where you will sample a variety of the event theme’s products. To top off the experience, you can visit cultural venues and happenings related to the harvesting theme.
5 – 11 September 2021
Accommodation and Food:
The retreat house is located in the village Dol Sveta Ana; a pristine, 12th Century hamlet just 5-minutes drive away from the island’s oldest settlement, Stari Grad. Often compared to Provence and Tuscany, Dol is beautifully nestled into a lush and majestic green landscape, which is pronounced by lavender fields, olive groves, vineyards, and pinewood forest, and beautifully framed by the distant blue sea and sky. This retreat provides an ideal escape from ordinary life to a true organic oasis for the soul since 2004.
It is possible to book private single rooms with own or shared bath, suites for one or two persons with bath ensuite, as well cottages for 2 – 4 persons, with a kitchenette, patio or balcony.
There is an indoor and outdoor yoga shala, and many corners where you can relax on your own.
Evening Marie is the co-founder and program manager of Suncokret Retreat. During the retreat weeks she´ll lead morning yoga classes, based on Integrated Holistic Yoga Lifestyle Program (IHYLP). This is a concept to introduce you to yoga as a holistic, mind-body-spirit-based teachings and practices that support your retreat journey, aswell your life journey in general. Evening has a background in the fine arts and is a certified yoga therapist, reiki master, bio-energist and spiritual life coach. As the program manager and primary host during all events at Suncokret, Evening Marie blends holistic traditions with intuition to render a transcendental holistic lifestyle experience that is appropriate for both new and seasoned path-walkers alike.
Stipe is a Hvar Island native with a lifetime of hands-on experience in the local customs, culture, and cuisine. He is a certified Agro-Tourism manager and a gifted Chef who has worked in some of the most renowned restaurants on the island. He has trained aspiring chefs and restaurant owners in the art of creating delicious and authentic Dalmatian cuisine and prepares delicious, nourishing meals during the retreats, sourced from local ingredients, often those found in his gardens and fields. At the encouragement of his wife, Evening Marie, Stipe opened his family’s home, heart and mind to yoga and holistic healing modalities combined with the Dalmatian way of life.
Program of the Week:
On the arrival day (Sunday) there will be a welcome circle and Dol Walking Tour. From Monday to Friday, the day will start with Yoga Sadhana, followed by rich brunch & karma yoga.
Daily „Deep Dive Sessions“ include:
– Satsang on Yoga & the 6 Senses & the Symbolic Meaning of Grapes
– Visit Museum, Boutiques, and Galleries to learn about product traditions throughout the ages
– Harvesting & Product-Making Experience
– Production Facility Tour & Product Sampling
– 4 Dinners at the retreat + 2 Cooking Workshops followed by enjoying the 2 meals we have prepared together
– Cooking Workshop & Dining out in a Seafood restaurant (at own expense)
– Cooking Workshop & Dining out in a „Konoba“ traditional restaurant (at own expense)
€ 870.- per person for a group of 4, in a shared cottage with two bedrooms
€ 930.- per person for a group of 3, in a shared cottage with two bedrooms
€ 960.- private single room, shared bath
€ 990.- per person in a private double room, bath en suite
€ 1050.- private mini suite for 1 person, bath en suite
€ 1050.- per person, booking for 2 persons, each in a private room, in a shared cottage
– 6 nights accommodation
– morning yoga classes
– deep dive sessions upon interest
– chakra test to assess your overall state of being (at retreat start)
– daily vegetarian brunch
– 4 vegetarian dinners
– water, mineral water, tea and herbal drinks at each meal
– free access to tea corners w/organic herbs
– culinary workshop (Wednesday & Friday)
– A harvesting & organic products tasting or making experience (Tuesday & Thursday)
– ambient facilities and accommodation that help you rest & reflect
– free access to library of books, magazines, music, films, games & art supplies
– free use of a beach towel & foam mat
– free use of a Yoga Kit (mat, mat bag, block, strap, blanket, cushion & protective foam mat)
– free wi-fi in all indoors and outdoors areas of the retreat venue
– essential toiletries
– conceptualized daily outings to gorgeous towns, villages & beaches
– local tourist taxes