Mindfulness Meditation Teacher Certification Program
Online Course with Jack Kornfeld & Tara Brach
This program happens only once every two years and it is designed for you to:
– Learn to teach mindfulness meditation with tools for body, heart, mind, and community
– Acquire skills that apply mindfulness and self-compassion to relationships, conflict, trauma, organizational wisdom, and societal change
– Develop skills for leading groups and teaching a wide range of mindfulness practitioners with cultural sensitivity
– Grow and deepen your spiritual path
As you journey through the curriculum, you’ll meet regularly with fellow students and 24 times in your small mentoring group with one of our highly trained teachers, who will serve as your Mentor, to practice and refine your skills.
Upon completion of the program, you will be certified by both the Awareness Training Institute and the Greater Good Science Center at the University of California, Berkeley.
During the program, you will engage in:
– Two special live virtual weekend events – Featuring Jack, Tara, and many of the Mentors and guest faculty. These online events will include small breakout sessions, live Q&A sessions, and opportunities for one-to-one connections to virtually meet other students from around the globe. You can participate from anywhere in the world. All sessions will be recorded and available for playback if you need to watch some sessions at a later time.
– Online video and audio learning – An in-depth curriculum with new teachings every month, designed and taught by Tara and Jack.
– Individual and group mentorship – Mentorship sessions with highly qualified instructors to help support your learning, address your personal questions, and inspire growth areas.
– Group practice sessions – Opportunities to connect with your peers for feedback and support.
– Cultural sensitivity training – An innovative introductory racial and cultural awareness training with both recorded lessons and racial affinity group discussions that support deep introspection. These teachings are woven throughout the curriculum to serve your own awakening in this domain, and to support your capacity to teach a wide range of meditation practitioners with respect, understanding, and attunement.
– Additional live sessions with Jack, Tara, and special guest faculty. Presented throughout the program, these additional online teachings will offer you the opportunity to go deeper into various topics with time for Q&A.
– Practicum: During your second year, you will engage in a Practicum where you initiate mindfulness classes in your local area to share and demonstrate your growing skill set. During this time, you will be supported by monthly teachings and broadcasts, monthly mentoring, and Peer Group meetings.
– Exclusive podcast series: Dive deeper and enhance your training with the exclusive MMTCP Podcast series featuring many of our guest teachers.
Find out more about the program and payment (monthly installments possible as well):