Ceramics Workshop, Gong Bath & Island Pag Explorations
Nestled in a remote and quiet part of the island, among olive trees and close to the sea, the retreat house was designed for guests craving contact with nature – real, raw, rugged, untainted and untouched by urban hands. This retreat will awaken your senses: see, hear, taste, smell and feel to find the magic of life within and around you again. Daily there will be ceramics workshop sessions and a meditative gong bath. The island itself offers almost surreal moonlike landscapes for hiking or a bike drive, olive and wineyard plantages, the well known saltworks and sheep cheese production.
14 – 20 May 2023
Accommodation and Food:
The retreat villa consists of five double rooms, spacious living room, a pool area and the terrace, all with a gorgeous seaviews. Three double rooms with a double bed are best suitable for couples or friends, other two rooms with twin beds can be shared with your new retreat friend. All of the rooms can be booked as single rooms as well.
Breakfast, lunch and dinner are included in the retreat package. Dinners comprise of three home prepared meals by in-house chef and three outings to some of the best local restaurants.
The workshops take place over several mornings in a friendly and relaxed setting. You will create your own tableware incorporating prints using local plants or traditional lace designs from Pag. At the end of the week your pieces will be dried, glazed and fired. They will be shipped to you about a month after the retreat.
Gong Bath Sessions:
The sessions provide an hour of deep meditative relaxation, based on an ancient Tibetan tradition. They take place as the sun is rising or setting in a quiet contemplative surrounding. Your spot will be either among the olives, rosemary and oleander trees facing the North-East Velebit mountains or under the South facing pergola overlooking the Adriatic.
Island Pag Explorations:
There are three outings on the island to stimulate your senses:
– The Olive Gardens of Lun – a walk through the ancient forest of olive trees old about 1500 years to reach a hidden cove and enjoy a swim in the sunset.
– Sea kayaking in Pag bay – one of the best ways to get close to nature. This guided excursion will take you to secluded bays for a cooling dip in the moon-like scenery of the island.
– Pag town heritage visit – an opportunity to stroll through the 13th century roman town, taste local delicacies and walk to Zaton bay for a memorable swim.
Zrinka is your retreat host. The love of the island of Pag stems from her family’s island roots and summers spent on the island. With her medical background and over two decades devoted to an international scientific career, Zrinka has now returned to the island with a mission to create a positive impact on human lives through bespoke retreat experiences.
Joanna is your retreat chef, currently a food stylist and recipe developer for editorial and commercial food and video shoots. Her career started as a chef in Poland, continued in London specialising in English and French cuisine. It made her way up to Michelin starred Launceston Place as pastry chef. During the retreat you´ll enjoy meals prepared with fresh local ingredients.
Ayse is holding the ceramics workshop during the retreat. An ongoing theme in Ayse’s work is the use of traditional lace-doily patterns from her hometown in Turkey, combining East and West – traditional lace patterns on simple ceramic pieces, making each unique in her London Studio. On the island of Pag you´ll be able to learn more about the lace-making tradition of the island.
Damir is the retreat gong master. Shamanic drumming has been a passion of his for the past 15 years. He started playing drums as well living vegetarian in 1990, and developed an interest in gong sound healing. In 2018, he completed an initial course and in 2019, he attended Don Conreaux’s Gong Master Class organized by Mojca Morya Malek, a Tibetan singing bowls Master.
€ 1890.- per person in a shared double room with twin beds and private bath
€ 1980.- per person in a shared double room with double bed and private bath
€ 2100.- private single room with twin bed and private bath
€ 2200.- private single room with queen-size bed and private bath
– 6-nights accommodation in a sea view bedroom with private bathroom
– daily breakfast
– daily lunch
– three home prepared meals at the retreat villa
– three dinners at the local restaurants
– ceramics classes (4 x 2.5-hours sessions)
– daily Gong bath meditative sessions (6 x 1-hour)
– Olive Gardens of Lun walk & beach
– Sea kayaking with a local guide (three hours beginner level with beach and swim stops),
– Pag town heritage visit with the Zaton bay walk & beach
– local tourist taxes
– all the transfers according to the retreat program